Everyone wants a new fancy website and there’s nothing wrong with that. What’s wrong is not keeping SEO in mind and losing everything you’ve built. Website migrations are tricky because you’re reconstructing how search engines see your site. Like everything else with SEO, you’ll need to guide the search engines as you transition to your new website.
As your SEO guide, I’ll take you through the best practices and include examples from our own website migration for Vertical Measures. In addition, you’ll:
- Learn about the opportunities to make your new website SEO friendly
- Learn about best practices for website migrations
- Learn how to prepare for your migration
- Find out what to expect during migration day
- Know what you need to monitor in post-migration