Content Marketing Tips: Ingredients To Beefier Content [VIDEO]
Your company’s audience wants savory content. They want something they can bite into that is of substance, and more importantly, something that will leave a lasting impression and be useful to them. Content marketing is no longer the side dish we’re incapable of consuming after stuffing ourselves with the main platter. Now, content is the main entrée, easily capable of satisfying our hungry audiences with relevant information. And the best thing about tasty content is that people want to share it.
Based on a study by BuzzSumo, the video below explains a few of the best ingredients to use to beef up your content.
Your audience wants content they can chew on. They want content that leaves a lasting impression. In a recent survey, the social shares of over 100 million articles in 8 months were analyzed to see what makes content tasty enough for people to share. Let’s look at some ingredients that can make a beefy content piece and leave people hungry for more.
- Of the top 10% of the articles analyzed, longer content with a 3,000-10,000 word count received more shares than content with a word count of 1000.
- Posts that use images are, on average, shared by twice as many people than those without.
- Of the top 10,000 most shared articles, emotions played a large part in the shareability of the content.
- Infographics were shared more than other forms of content, with almost 15,000 shares.
- Posts that are “10 item list,” generate a lot of attention by receiving 10,621 shares.
- Lastly, Google+ articles with a byline and/or bio were trusted and shared 42% more than those without.
The beefier the content, the larger the possibility your audience will spread the word. So buckle down and start piling on the right ingredients that make your content beefy!
About Daniel Dannenberg
Daniel Dannenberg is the Creative Manager at Vertical Measures, providing the company with his design knowledge on branding, illustration, UX and information graphics. +Daniel Dannenberg
The Ultimate Guide to Content Marketing World 2018
Aug 15, 2018
How Effective Client Management Can Directly Impact Your Digital Marketing ROI
Aug 14, 2018
The Weekly Measure: Rethinking Data, Landing Pages & More Google Drama
Aug 10, 2018
How to Find Your Highest-Converting Landing Pages [VIDEO]
Aug 09, 2018