Each year, Vertical Measures showcases a few client-success stories by submitting nominations to the American Marketing Association (AMA) Spectrum Awards. This event has honored marketing leaders in Arizona for over a decade, featuring the biggest names and companies in the industry.
We were proud to bring home five awards from the event, including Arnie Kuenn’s Marketer of the Year.
Vertical Measures 2018 AMA Spectrum Awards
American Marketing Association’s Marketer of the Year
You may have seen him in London, Singapore, Sydney, Mumbai, New York or Las Vegas. Arnie is a world-renowned speaker and award-winning author (Accelerate & Content Marketing Works) who generously shares his 30+ years of entrepreneurial and digital marketing expertise. After starting 5 companies, he’s considered a serial entrepreneur.
In 1993, he successfully launched a technology and distance education company. The company grew to more than 90 employees in five different states. In 1999, he founded MediaChoice, a VC funded Internet startup, which received a patent for its personalization technology. The firm’s clients included CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox and many major movie and music studios. The business was sold to Nielsen Media in 2004. The company conducted extensive Internet marketing which led to the formation of Vertical Measures in 2006.
In 2008, Arnie founded the Arizona Interactive Marketing Association (AZIMA). In 2014, he was honored as the Interactive Person of the Year in Arizona and in 2015 entered the Content Marketing Hall of Fame. In 2017, he was named Content Marketing Person of the Year in Arizona and Vertical Measures was named Best Places to Work in Phoenix.
- Inducted into the Content Marketing World Hall of Fame
- Named one of the 60 Best Marketing Speaker to Rock Your Event by the Marketing Insider Group
- Top 50 Marketing Influencers to Watch in 2016 – Entrepreneur
- Top 10 Online Marketing Experts to Follow in 2015 – Forbes
- Named 2014 Interactive Person of the Year – AZIMA
- Author of two content marketing books: Accelerate! and Content Marketing Works
- Author of hundreds of digital marketing articles, on the Vertical Measures blog, Content Marketing Institute, MarketingLand and more.
- 20 years of public speaking and educational seminars.
- Grew to a 50+ team of digital marketing experts across various disciplines, including:
- Content marketing
- Lead nurture
- Paid Media
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Link building
- Digital Marketing Coaching
- Vertical Measures moved into a new office space (two times the size of our former location). The new space is an open-office environment and every workstation is adjustable with state-of-the-art desks, giving our employees the ability to stretch their legs and stand comfortably at their desk if they desire.
- Named Content Marketing Person of the Year in Arizona.
- Vertical Measures was named Best Places to Work in Phoenix.
- Rolled out new digital marketing philosophy for Vertical Measures (Build Your Own Audience around the Customer Journey)
- Featured speaker around the country at various marketing conferences throughout the year.
But, this is why Arnie won Marketer of the Year…
Personal accolades are great. With over 25+ years in the industry, you’d expect a CEO like Arnie to have such accomplishments. The reason why Arnie won this year is simple:
Arnie cares about others and has dedicated countless hours of his time to help entrepreneurs/marketers grow and find professional success. He cares about those driven to learn more and become the new leaders in digital marketing.
Arnie Kuenn has always acted as a mentor and leader to fellow marketers and entrepreneurs alike. The proof is in the pudding. Most marketers in our industry have a personal story about Arnie. They have a story about how he spent time out of his day to meet with them; to teach them; to learn from them; to offer advice; to help them grow their business.
You can’t find a more genuine, modest and (perhaps more importantly) valuable local marketing influencer than Arnie Kuenn.
Arnie is embarking on a new crusade in 2018: Help fellow entrepreneurs and small-medium size businesses find real, measurable success with digital marketing. As someone who’s watched Arnie build Vertical Measures from his spare-bedroom nearly 13 years ago, I’ve seen the dedication, passion and love he has for this industry.
It’s not just words to him – he really, truly cares about digital marketing and making businesses successful (whatever their goals might be).
For those who know Arnie, the first word that typically comes to mind is humble. It’s a tough description, sometimes, because people tend to view it as “small” or “soft” or “not proud enough”. But humble – at least for Arnie – is what makes Vertical Measures one of the Best Places to Work in Phoenix. Along with his team of 50+ marketing experts, Arnie checks his ego at the door. He lets his results do the talking. And as he’s proven, the results are stellar.
Behind Arnie’s leadership, we’re proud of the work we do for clients, but also of the positive environment offered to our employees. For over a decade, the team at Vertical Measures has shown that we aren’t just digital marketing experts, we’re longtime colleagues that enjoy working side by side to generate results that rival agencies across the country.
Arnie didn’t know this award was submitted for him. He’d rather take the backseat and let others get the glory. Not this time.
The recognition was long overdue. We’re so proud that Arnie was acknowledged as a role-model for ethical business; a role model for young entrepreneurs; a role model for marketers around the world; a role model for his employees (past, present and future); a role model for future generations; someone we can all aspire to be more like.
Arnie Kuenn is your AMA Spectrum’s Marketer of the Year.
And he isn’t the only one doing amazing things…
The award-winning Vertical Measures team is on a roll, and our results blow away industry averages. Check out our case studies page. These results are indeed typical. Plus, we utilize every marketing strategy we recommend to grow our own business. Can your agency say the same?