Do you eat, breathe, and live words?
Do you love to write, edit, and shape less-than-stellar drafts into inspired work?
Do you like working in a creative, fast-paced, and collaborative environment?
If you answered yes to these questions, Vertical Measures may have just the job for you. The open Senior Editor position is a four-month, full-time contract-to-hire position, starting May 1 and ending Sept. 1, for 30 to 40 hours per week. This position has the potential to become permanent, full-time, based on need at the end of the contract period. This is an on-site position in a creative, open floor-plan office that keeps the energy and collaboration alive throughout the day.
If you are interested in this position, please submit send over a resume and cover letter with your hourly freelance contractor rate.
You will go way beyond editing in this role by emphasizing search intent and optimization best practices in all content pieces for clients. Plus, a focus on finding a narrative and telling a story is a must. It will be your job to create content that is compelling, ensure alignment with strategic goals, and work with teammates so quality is never sacrificed.
The right person will have an eye for detail, be highly creative, be a team player that enjoys collaboration, have excellent listening and communication skills, and have a positive outlook that will help us deliver the highest level of customer experience for our clients.
Simple proofreading, grammar, punctuation, and spelling checks are only entry-level requirements for this position. You must be a strategic thinker, although strong proofreading skills are integral to the senior editor’s role, the ideal candidate does more than fix grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. You are a strategic thinker who can turn good content into great content. If you can quickly identify opportunities for improvement and turn them into teachable moments for the whole team, then read on.
- An understanding of the importance of SEO as it relates to content
- A strong grasp of content marketing best practices and principles
- Experience in content writing and editing for high-quality content skills to understand a high-quality piece of content
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Understanding of the various platforms for publishing and managing content
- Hands-on skills to make sure all content is as polished as possible for clients
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and editing content
- Identifying successes and failures of content initiatives
- Suggesting and debating alternative methods and procedures for solving problems and improving content product quality
- Reviewing publications and articles to stay ahead of the content marketing industry
- Managing a “book of business” and collaborating with project managers and account managers to ensure your clients’ content is consistent across all channels
- Collaborating with the client services team to understand the scope of each deliverable while advocating for the end-user and client
- Performing detailed editorial review of content deliverables while adhering to original project definition/scope
- Ensuring all deliverables meet or beat deadlines
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or related field
- 4+ years experience with digital and/or content marketing
- Strong editing skills (there will be a test!)
Apply via ZipRecuriter and be sure to include a full copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining your qualifications: http://vert.ms/senior-editor-contract
No phone calls, please.