Vertical Measures is a full-service digital marketing agency based in Phoenix, Arizona. We are passionate about helping our clients build audiences that they own, and leveraging those audiences for business growth. We do this by building strategic, integrated digital marketing plans that include tactics such as content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), conversion rate optimization (CRO), lead nurture tactics, and paid media.
We pride ourselves on being exceptional in this industry, and we have a great time doing it – just look around our site and see for yourself! We’re also growing and looking for a digital strategist who:
- Is passionate about data-driven marketing
- Is goal-oriented, obsessed with improving results, and proactive about turning problems into solutions
- Can see the forest for the trees – you understand which details matter most in relation to broad, strategic goals
- Excels at synthesizing complex information into digestible or actionable insights
- Likes working independently but knows the value of collaboration
- Is skilled at prioritization – you can maintain clarity (and a cool head) when juggling multiple projects
- Wants to grow right along with us
The ideal candidate for this position has had hands-on experience planning and executing channel-level marketing strategies and tactics. The bulk of this experience may have come through working in a specific area, such as digital content, SEO or paid media, but you’ve outgrown single-channel strategies. You understand how various channels and tactics can and should work together to drive holistic, omnichannel success, through either hands-on digital strategy work or insatiable curiosity. You have go-to techniques to conduct strategic research, define metrics, and analyze results, but you’re always on the lookout to uncover new ways to solve old or challenging problems.
A Vertical Measures digital strategist is responsible for:
- Strategy development. Drive integrated, omnichannel digital marketing strategies that support client goals, including (but not limited to) persona development, competitive research, strategic content roadmaps, and prioritization of channel-based recommendations and initiatives to align with strategic goals.
- Measurement and analysis. Collaborate with in-house data analysts to define data-driven, ROI-focused measurement plans that align with performance goals. Shape ongoing analysis into actionable insights that support incremental, iterative improvements to optimize performance of channel-specific strategies.
- Facilitate learning across teams. Share strategic learnings with clients and across internal teams to encourage integrated omnichannel messaging and iterative, data-based performance improvements. Facilitate the integration of marketing strategies, tactics, recommendations, messages and insights across channels.
- Partner with client services to nurture current business. Proactively assess client programs and the digital landscape to identify additional and emerging strategic opportunities. Effectively communicate those opportunities internally and educate clients to grow their understanding and buy-in around future initiatives.
The right person is a generalist who understands how a broad range of digital marketing channels fit together to drive performance. This person can look beyond specific channel-based tactics and expose how various channels can layer to support strategic goals.
This person has:
- 4+ years of digital marketing experience, preferably at an agency
- Demonstrable experience or understanding of digital marketing strategies, channels and tactics and how they work together, including:
- Link Development
- Paid Media
- Social Media
- Email/Lead Nurture
- An understanding of how to align digital marketing tactics and strategies with specific client needs or business goals
- A strong grasp of content marketing best practices and principles
- A working knowledge of research and analytics platforms
- The ability to derive actionable insights from raw data and apply various data to support channel-level strategies
- Strong presentation and communication skills (the ability to convey information in a way that “lands”). You’re just as comfortable in spreadsheets, documents and presentations as you are on client calls.
Other things that make you a good fit
We are especially interested in speaking with you if you:
- Have agency experience
- Can manage your time, juggle many tasks and meet deadlines
- Enjoy collaborating with team members
- Won’t melt under pressure
- Are a positive team player who’s cool with receiving feedback
- Are dedicated to excellence
- Have a mindset of always wanting to improve
- Like dogs (we are a dog-friendly office)
You will work at our Northeast Phoenix location (Tatum & Shea). Please email your cover letter, resume, etc. to careers [at] verticalmeasures [dot] com. No phone calls, please.