Vertical Measures is looking for an A-player who gets excited about content, the customer journey and episodes of “The Office.” If you love a good debate about the hyphen in a compound modifier and you have an opinion on the Oxford comma, you should check us out.
Content managers play a key role in helping our clients build their audience and grow their revenue. Although a love of words and strong copy editing and proofreading skills are integral to this position, the ideal candidate does more than fix grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. They are strategic thinkers who can identify opportunities to create content that engages our clients’ prospects at each stage of their customer journey. A content manager takes good content and makes it great, all the while finding opportunities for improvement and optimizing the client’s content strategy.
Vertical Measures is a full-service digital marketing agency based in Phoenix, Arizona. We are passionate about helping our clients build an audience that they own and leveraging that audience for business growth. We do this by building strategic digital marketing plans that include such tactics as content marketing, search engine optimization, conversion rate optimization, lead nurture tactics, and paid media.
We pride ourselves on being exceptional in this industry, and we have dogs in our office. We’re also growing, and we are looking for a content manager who is:
- An excellent communicator
- A positive team player
- Cool with receiving feedback
- Dedicated to excellence
- A little goofy
- Looking to grow right along with us
- Strategy implementation. Take the recommendations (as they pertain to content creation) from the digital marketing strategy and put them into action. It’s vital you:
- Understand the client’s goals and objectives
- Understand the client’s audience’s needs and communication preferences throughout the customer’s journey
- Make sure all content maps back to the client’s goals and audience’s needs
- Test, learn and iterate on the digital marketing strategy
- Ideation. Come up with content ideas that engage our clients’ audiences throughout their buyers’ journey. Tactics to do this include:
- SEO research
- Digital marketing strategy research
- Search tools
- Content creation. Work with a network of freelance writers to create stellar content. You may be involved in recruiting, screening and engaging freelance writers, but primarily, you will be nurturing freelancer relationships and teaching them how to write for Vertical Measures and its clients.
- Optimization and implementation. Collaborate with SEO, link development, and other VM subject matter experts to create content that is optimized for both search engines and our clients’ audiences. In addition, the content manager may implement the content into their clients’ CMS and press “publish.”
- User experience, amplification, lead nurture and measurement. You don’t need to be an expert in these areas, but you do need to be well-versed in them, as you will collaborate on content projects with the associates who head those departments up.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in a journalism or digital marketing role
- Solid experience managing complex integrated content marketing programs
- Strong grasp of content marketing best practices and principles
- Basic knowledge of content management systems (WordPress)
- A clear understanding of the importance of SEO
- Hands-on skills to make sure all content is as polished as possible
- Strong presentation skills
Other things that make you a good fit
We’ll put a check mark next to your name if you:
- Show strong initiative
- Can manage the flow of ideas across the organization to ensure the customer experience is exceptional (for our clients) and profitable (for us)
- Are a highly creative team player who enjoys collaboration
- Can suggest and debate alternative methods and procedures for solving problems and improving product quality
- Have an eye for detail, excellent listening and communication skills and a positive outlook
Perks of being on the Vertical Measures team
- A super-friendly environment that rewards results (and has fun at the same time)
- Competitive compensation
- A generous benefits package, including health, dental and vision
- 401(K) with company match
- Remote and flex working schedules after 60 days on the team
- Ongoing education in things that will make you smarter, more efficient, and more likable at parties
- Bring your dog to work days
- Really good-looking coworkers
You will work at our Northeast Phoenix location (Tatum & Shea). Please email your cover letter, resume, etc. to careers [at] verticalmeasures [dot] com. No phone calls, please.