Most SEO professionals understand the importance of creating a variety of outlets for their online marketing efforts. Press releases can be great marketing tools, and can be one of the more effective ways of getting information out there for clients and creating powerful link juice, but coming up with great press release ideas can be confounding.
You can write press releases about your company, your products, your employees, your customers, community activities, even your marketing efforts! Below is a list of possible press release ideas that should help generate some great content:
- Earning recognition of the company, product or executives by a publication
- Announcing that you’re available to speak on particular subjects of interest
- Issuing a statement of position regarding a local, regional or national issue
- Announcing the results of research or surveys you have conducted
- Making public statements on future business trends or conditions
- Announcing a public appearance on television, radio or in person
- Announcing that you’ve reached a major milestone
- Restructuring your business or its business model
- Forming a new strategic partnership or alliance
- Establishing a unique vendor agreement
Any of the above ideas can serve as great topics for a press release. Has your company or an individual recently earned an accolade? Does your company predict a future business trend that could help promote the business or one of your products? How about a company restructuring during tough economic times that will result in your business being meaner and leaner? Press releases not only give exposure to your business but if worded correctly, could position your company as a subject matter expert.
Need some more ideas? Try one of the ones below:
- Introducing a unique strategy/approach
- Setting up a customer advisory group
- Obtaining a new, significant customer
- Expanding or renovating the business
- Participating in a philanthropic event
- Announcing free information available
- Sponsoring a workshop or seminar
- Celebrating an anniversary
- Announcing a partnership
Workshops, anniversaries and partnerships are great ways to highlight what your company has to offer, how long it’s been in business, or what steps you’re taking to strengthen your business.
Did you know that a good press release can attract thousands of visitors to your website, while simultaneously creating a much higher search engine rank by creating inbound links to your site? This is the key to press release marketing
: the fact that thousands of websites will become your partners in promotion. You can’t ask for much better exposure than that. If you look at press releases from a marketing perspective
, you can really appreciate how they can drive traffic to your website, serve as sales tools (and great content) for bloggers, and so much more.
Coming up with the idea of press releases is the most challenging part. After that, leave the actual writing and distribution to press release marketing professionals, who will make sure the content is SEO friendly, and then watch the quality traffic increase to your website!
One word of caution; a press release should be news, do not confuse it with an article!
This post written by Vertical Measures’ team member – Patty Adams
Tags: marketing, marketing ideas, press releases, website marketing
This entry was posted
on Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008 at 2:49 am and is filed under Tips, Website Publicity.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.