I didn’t nail it EXACTLY, but last month I wrote a post about YouTube being on pace to hit 48 hours of video uploaded every minute. I thought it might happen in March, but definitely in 2011.
Today, in a blog post, YouTube announced that they have indeed hit the 48 hour mark, as well as 3 BILLION views a day (an equally ridiculous statistic). The post has a little infographic and some other fun facts.
It’s no surprise, as lately it seems everyone is getting in on the action.
YouTube has become part of the information-sharing infrastructure that we rely on for everything from the silly to the serious.
People use YouTube…
- To make us laugh (a lot)
- To share independent music (like Pomplamoose)
- Provide first person accounts of breaking news (intense footage from the tornado)
- Capture awesome local events (like Ignite Phoenix)
- Promote brands in a creative way (ladies…)
- Teach how to play guitar, change a tire, or make a soda rocket
- and so… much… more…
So, once again, here’s my interpretation of what that stat really means.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 at 12:02 pm and is filed under Video Marketing. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.