LinkedIn: Hopping on the Open Source Bandwagon
Open source, the practice in production and development that promotes access to an end product’s source materials like their source code (per Wikipedia), has been a trending theme in social media. There are many that dislike open source and others who praise this movement. The OSI, or the Open Source Initiative, looks to educate and advocate the benefits of open source because "open source [offers] better quality, higher reliability, more flexibility, lower cost, and an end to predatory vendor lock-in".
- Customize your URL, that’s kind of a given but surprisingly many need to be reminded.
- Add links to your profile under "websites" section. You have up to 3 available, so make sure to add some anchor text that is appropriate. Recently LinkedIn added rel="nofollow" to these links, but general anchor text like "my blog" seem to be dofollow….for the moment.
- Add substance to your profile by filling it out!
- Actually USE your LinkedIn profile: Ask questions, answer questions, get recommendations, post your resume, utilize LinkedIn groups, and participate throughout the community. This will not only help build your credibility and authority, but also give you the opportunity to build connections.
- Add your companies profile to LinkedIn: Mashable’s "How-To: Build Your Company’s Profile on LinkedIn" is a great resource if you haven’t added your companies info to LinkedIn yet.
About Kaila Strong
As Senior Director of SEO Services, Kaila oversees both the SEO department and our Internet Marketing Strategists. She works with our expert team to uncover SEO strategies, develop link building campaigns, conduct competitive analysis, review Google penalties, execute backlink analysis and train peers on SEO fundamentals. +Kaila Strong
express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner
is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that
full and clear credit is given to Vertical Measures with appropriate
and specific direction to the original content.