Top 10 Features of Chrome OS
Due out in late 2010, Google’s new operating system Chrome OS is already drawing some rants, raves, and criticism. Ben Parr over at Mashable has been writing lately about Chrome OS and what he has dubbed "The Google Revenue Equation". His theory is that Google is constantly looking to improve the web because their revenue is dependent upon its success: Revenue = Amount of Time on the Web. Totally makes sense right? And with Chrome OS Google is looking to get users online faster and with ease.
- Chrome OS completely focuses on the most important part of your computer: your web browser. Its interface is 100% web.
- Chrome OS eliminates time sucks: desktop. Even the fastest computer takes 45 seconds to load up!
- Nothing is stored on your computer. Chrome OS is literally 100% web based.
- Chrome OS will be free!
- Chrome OS will be open source.
- Chrome OS is not Android.
- There are no desktop applications, Literally everything is web based.
- Everything that comes in Chrome now will be available in Chrome OS.
- When you don’t have a live Internet connection: you can’t store or access data.
- Chrome OS, for now, will be on specific netbook like devices. No hybrids available that are compatible with your existing Windows OS or Mac OS.
What are your thoughts about Google’s Chrome OS? Would you use it?
About Kaila Strong
As Senior Director of SEO Services, Kaila oversees both the SEO department and our Internet Marketing Strategists. She works with our expert team to uncover SEO strategies, develop link building campaigns, conduct competitive analysis, review Google penalties, execute backlink analysis and train peers on SEO fundamentals. +Kaila Strong
Why Design Is Important for Content Marketing
Jul 28, 2015
The Weekly Measure: Improving Visibility with Links, Discovering Google Penalties & Embracing Content Marketing
Jul 24, 2015
Ditch Your Drab Content and Give Readers What They Want
Jul 23, 2015
13 Brands That Should Embrace Content Marketing
Jul 21, 2015