What Initial Link Building Must Every Website Do? [VIDEO]
Arnie Kuenn answers: “What initial link building must every website do?”
Q & A Wednesday is our weekly feature where the Vertical Measures teams answers your questions. If you’ve got a question about link building, content, social media, SEO or other Internet marketing topics, just post it on the Vertical Measures Facebook page, or tweet it to us with the hashtag #VMQA.
Today’s question is; “What initial link building must every new website do?”
That is a great question. I think I am going to answer it with three things you should do:
- The easiest most inexpensive thing you can do is internal linking. A lot of websites miss this, but it’s a great opportunity to tell Google and the other search engines about the content on your website. So find every opportunity you can, and don’t abuse it, don’t overdo it, where you can link from within your content to other pages on your website. If it is a valuable direction you should be sending your reader, do it. It’s a great internal link, and obviously easy to get.
- Another one I would do is if you belong to organizations, associations in your local geographic area; see what you can do getting links from those websites. Those are some of the easiest, and some of them might come with your membership.
- The other thing I would do is to head off to get listed on some directories. Try Best of the Web, or maybe local directories. I know directories are not the most spectacular links that you can get, but they are some of the easiest, quickest, lowest hanging fruit to get link juice coming into your website.
So for a brand new website, those are my three recommendations to summarize: internal links, local organizations, and directories that apply to your business.
Tags: Q&A Wednesday
About Arnie Kuenn
Arnie Kuenn is the CEO of Vertical Measures and author of Accelerate! Content Development & Marketing to Grow Your Business Online. Vertical Measures provides search, social and content marketing services, designed to help businesses improve their online presence and obtain more traffic and conversions. +Arnie Kuenn
- Build your Content Marketing Around a Hub and Spoke Model
Mar 05, 2015
- Drive Foot Traffic with Facebook Local Awareness Ads
Mar 03, 2015
- The Weekly Measure: Safe Link Acquisition, Checklist for Publishing Content & Hashtag Guide
Feb 27, 2015
- A Survivor’s Guide to Attending a Marketing Conference
Feb 24, 2015