Top 100+ Link Building Resources
Ready to immerse yourself into the world of link building? Here are over 100 links to the best resources on link building training, blogs, tools, and more.
Good to Know
Articles and resources for specific link building elements and strategies.
- Google Cheat Sheet
- Netpeak Checker – Perform everyday SEO tasks in an efficient way.
- Advanced Search Operator Tactics – A better understanding of advanced search commands.
- Combos for Google’s Site: Operator – These combos can help you dive deep into any site.
- Link Diversity – In-depth article on the value of link diversity.
- Advanced Keyword Research – Ten ways to go beyond basic keyword research.
- The Value of a Link – The most important factors the engines consider when judging the value of a link.
- Anchor Text – Decide what two to three-word phrase to use as your keyword phrase for anchor text.
- 101 Ways to Build Link Popularity – How to build links fast.
- Link Baiting Resources – Ideas, techniques, case studies, and drawbacks.
- Top Web Directories and Directory Critic – Find the best directories for link building.
- Link Building Case Study – One link builder’s documentation of the link building process.
- Link Building Strategies – Great visualization/infographic on link building strategies.
Link Building Education
Free training guides, webinars, and presentations on link building.
- Hunter – Find email addresses in seconds and connect with people that matter for your business.
- How to Find Hundreds of Guest Post Opportunities
- Link Building Training – A comprehensive training guide to link building including affiliate program links, deep linking, link quality evaluation, free link sources, link analysis and more.
- Link Building on Slideshare – Presentations and webinars on link building.
- Whiteboard Fridays – Custom search of all SEOMoz Whiteboard Friday presentations focusing on link building.
Audio / Video Podcasts
Audio and video podcasts on link building featuring experts in the industry:
- Run Marketing – Link building for small business.
- Bella Web Design – Link building with Desiree C. Scalses of Bella Web Design.
Link Building Blogroll
The following are blogs with link building categories, including the full RSS feeds and link building category feeds when available.
- SEOMoz (Full feed )
- Search Engine Journal (Full feed )
- Search Engine Land (Full feed or link building only )
- Web Pro News (Full feed or link building only )
- Search Engine Roundtable (Full feed )
- Top Rank Blog (Full feed or link building only )
- Link Building Blog (Full feed )
- Search Engine Guide (Full feed )
- David Naylor (Full feed )
- Small Business Search Marketing (Full feed or link building only )
- Daily SEO Tip (Full feed )
- SEO Smarty (Full feed or link building only )
- Stone Temple (Full feed or link building only )
- Old School SEO (Full feed or link building only )
- Audette Media (Full feed )
- Natural Search (Full feed )
- Yoast (Full feed or link building only )
- Local SEO Guide (Full feed )
- Link Buildr (Full feed )
- Vertical Measure’s Link Building Posts (Full feed or link building only )
- Receptional (Full feed or link building only )
- Canadian SEO (Full feed )
- Seer Interactive (Full feed or link building only )
- Cemper (Full feed )
- Social SEO (Full feed or link building only )
- Stuntdubl (Full feed )
- FMS SEO (Full feed )
Popular Link Building Stories
Social bookmarking sites with link building tags and categories.
Link Building on Twitter
Link building discussion and experts on Twitter.
Discuss link building on the following SEO and website related forums.
- Link Development on Digital Point
- Reciprocal Links, Buy / Sell / Swap on Warrior Forum
- Link Popularity on SEO Chat
- Link Building on SEO Forums
- Directories and Link Building on Search Engine Forums
- Buy / Sell / Exchange Links on V7N
- Link Development on Webmaster World
- Link Exchange Market on Site Ground
Active groups on link building.
- LinkedIn Groups – Link Building and Linking and Promotions (must be logged in to LinkedIn)
- Google Link Building Groups
Tools, applications, and browser plugins to aid in backlink research.
- SEO Book Tools – Free link analysis and keyword research tools brought to you by SEO expert Aaron Wall.
- Link Diagnosis – This tool can show you all the important information about your competitor’s links. The report includes PageRank, anchor texts, no-follow information and more.
- Bad Neighborhood – This tool will scan the links on your website, and on the pages that your website is linking to, and flag possible problem areas.
- SEOMoz Tools – Over twenty SEO free and premium tools designed to help with every aspect of search engine optimization, including on-page targeting, site crawlability, competitive analysis, rank checking and keyword difficulty.
- Google Adwords Keyword Tool – Use this tool by Google to get new keyword ideas.
- SEO Quake – Seoquake allows user to obtain and investigate many important SEO parameters of the internet project under study on the fly.
Advanced search operators for popular search engines to aid in backlink research.
- Advanced Bing Search Operators, cheat sheet, and ways to use them.
- Advanced Search on Yahoo, cheat sheet, and ways to use them.
- Special Search Terms on AltaVista
- Search Operators Cheat Sheet and Comparison Chart
If you have additional resources for link building, please share them in the comments to help turn this into the best link building resource available.