Ready to immerse yourself into the world of link building? Here are over 100 links to the best resources on link building training, blogs, tools, and more.
Link Building Education
Free training guides, webinars, and presentations on link building.
- Link Building Training – A comprehensive training guide to link building including affiliate program links, deep linking, link quality evaluation, free link sources, link analysis and more.
- Link Building on Slideshare – Presentations and webinars on link building.
- SEO Webinars – Free SEO webinars including Link Building Strategies for 2010.
- Whiteboard Fridays – Custom search of all SEOMoz Whiteboard Friday presentations focusing on link building.
Audio / Video Podcasts
Audio and video podcasts on link building featuring experts in the industry.
- Search Cowboys – Link building Q&A with Christopher Cemper and Google document indexing.
- SEO 101 – Directory link building with Loren Baker of Search Engine Journal and using social media to improve search engine rankings and help with SEO training.
- SEO Rockstars – Roundtable with SEO experts on link building topics (spamming, black hat, white hat), link inheritance attributes, and more.
- SEM Synergy – Link building strategies with Eric Ward, link building best practices, and more.
- Search for Solutions – Internet marketing scams with paid search links.
- Ofice Hours – Paid links are evil and overlooked on site issues.
- Webcology – Rand Fishkin of SEOMoz discussing his Professional Guide to Link Building and link building with Debra Mastaler, author of Link Spiel blog.
- SEO 101 – Building ranking for sites, link building 101 parts 1 and 2, link building and exchange schemes, nofollow, and more.
- Run Marketing – Link building for small business.
- iGary – Link building with search marketer Gary Reid.
- Bella Web Design – Link building with Desiree C. Scalses of Bella Web Design.
- Think Around Corners – A link building strategy to gain organic link popularity.
- Internet Marketing Street Smarts – Sam Niccolls of SEOMoz discusses business strategies of multi-million dollar companies including the best way for a complete beginner to start link building, how personalised search will change rankings, and the number one way to get a site ranked organically quickly in highly competitive markets.
Link Building Blogroll
The following are blogs with link building categories, including the full RSS feeds and link building category feeds when available.
- SEOMoz (Full feed )
- Search Engine Journal (Full feed )
- Search Engine Watch (Full feed )
- Search Engine Land (Full feed or link building only )
- Web Pro News (Full feed or link building only )
- Search Engine Roundtable (Full feed )
- Top Rank Blog (Full feed or link building only )
- Link Building Blog (Full feed )
- Search Engine Guide (Full feed )
- David Naylor (Full feed )
- Small Business Search Marketing (Full feed or link building only )
- 97th Floor (Full feed )
- Daily SEO Tip (Full feed )
- SEO Smarty (Full feed or link building only )
- Link Spiel (Full feed or link building only )
- Stone Temple (Full feed or link building only )
- Old School SEO (Full feed or link building only )
- Audette Media (Full feed )
- Natural Search (Full feed )
- Yoast (Full feed or link building only )
- SEO Speedwagon (Full feed )
- SEM Synergy (Full feed )
- Local SEO Guide (Full feed )
- Link Buildr (Full feed )
- Vertical Measures (Full feed or link building only )
- Receptional (Full feed or link building only )
- Canadian SEO (Full feed )
- Seer Interactive (Full feed or link building only )
- WordStream (Full feed or link building only )
- Cemper (Full feed )
- Social SEO (Full feed or link building only )
- Think Around Corners (Full feed )
- Linkers Blog (Full feed or link building only )
- Stuntdubl (Full feed )
- Marketing Pilgrim (Full feed )
- Links Manager Blog (Full feed )
- FMS SEO (Full feed )
Good to Know
Articles and resources for specific link building elements and strategies.
- Advanced Keyword Research – Ten ways to go beyond basic keyword research.
- The Value of a Link – The most important factors the engines consider when judging the value of a link.
- Anchor Text – Decide what two to three word phrase to use as your keyword phrase for anchor text.
- Local Search – Get listed with links on the best local search directories.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective One Way Link Building – Link baiting, article marketing, forum marketing, guest posting, and more.
- 101 Ways to Build Link Popularity – How to build links fast.
- Link Baiting Resources – Ideas, techniques, case studies, and drawbacks.
- Top Web Directories and Directory Critic – Find the best directories for link building.
- Link Building Case Study – One link builder’s documentation of the link building process.
- Link Building Strategies – Great visualization / infographic on link building strategies.
Popular Link Building Stories
Social bookmarking sites with link building tags and categories.
Link Building on Twitter
Link building discussion and experts on Twitter.
- Tweets on link building
- People with link building in their profile on Twellow and WeFollow
- Link building Twitter Lists
Discuss link building on the following SEO and website related forums.
- Link Development on Digital Point
- Link Building on Search Engine Roundtable
- Reciprocal Links, Buy / Sell / Swap on Warrior Forum
- Link Popularity on SEO Chat
- Link Building on SEO Forums
- Directories and Link Building on Search Engine Forums
- Buy / Sell / Exchange Links on V7N
- Link Building on Search Engine Watch Forum
- Link Building on High Ranking SEO Forum
- Link Development on Webmaster World
- Link Popularity on Submit Express Forums
- Link Exchange Market on Site Ground
Active groups on link building.
- LinkedIn Groups – Link Building and Linking and Promotions (must be logged in to LinkedIn)
- Google Link Building Groups
Tools, applications, and browser plugins to aid in backlink research.
- SEO Book Tools – Free link analysis and keyword research tools brought to you by SEO expert Aaron Wall.
- Link Diagnosis – This tool can show you all the important information about your competitor’s links. The report includes PageRank, anchor texts, no-follow information and more.
- Bad Neighborhood – This tool will scan the links on your website, and on the pages that your website is linking to, and flag possible problem areas.
- SEOMoz Tools – Over twenty SEO free and premium tools designed to help with every aspect of search engine optimization, including on-page targeting, site crawlability, competitive analysis, rank checking and keyword difficulty.
- Yahoo Site Explorer – Site Explorer allows you to explore all the web pages indexed by Yahoo! Search.
- Google Adwords Keyword Tool – Use this tool by Google to get new keyword ideas.
- SEO Quake – Seoquake allows user to obtain and investigate many important SEO parameters of the internet project under study on the fly.
Advanced search operators for popular search engines to aid in backlink research.
- 13 Search Operators for Ultimate Link Building
- Advanced Google Search Operators, cheat sheet, ways to learn them, and ways to use them.
- Advanced Bing Search Operators, cheat sheet, and ways to use them.
- Advanced Search on Yahoo, cheat sheet, and ways to use them.
- Special Search Terms on AltaVista
- Query Lanugage on AlltheWeb
- Search Operators Cheat Sheet and Comparison Chart
If you have additional resources for link building, please share them in the comments to help turn this into the best link building resource available.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 at 7:00 am and is filed under Link Building. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.