How to Get Bloggers to Mention You Without Paying Them
Blogs are a great place to get some publicity and create incoming links to your own website, but how do you get the blogger to mention you? The value is tied to the fact that it isn’t a paid post, so you want your site mentioned on blogs that aren’t charging for posts (or at least one’s that are not strictly in the business of charging for posts). You want recognition that says that the blogger genuinely likes you and your site.
Send a Press Release
- Grab readers with an interesting title of seven words or less
- Summarize the story in the first paragraph with a powerful hook – why is this news so important – what makes this newsworthy to readers?
- Make sure you include the who, what, where, when and why
- Stick to facts, not fluff
- Avoid sounding like advertising – this is news, not a sales pitch
- Include your contact information and a link at the end of the press release
Just remember to comment first on what you like about their site, then mention your own and invite them to take a look. It’s a soft sell approach that’s incredibly effective.
[tags] PR agencies, press release, blogger, technorati, SEO company, website publicity [/tags]
express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner
is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that
full and clear credit is given to Vertical Measures with appropriate
and specific direction to the original content.