Official Contest Rules & Terms
VERTICAL MEASURES “Boost Your Juice” WIN 5K IN LINK BUILDING SERVICES VIDEO/ESSAY CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. How It Works: Beginning 12:01am Eastern Time ("ET") on 6/1/09, interested parties can submit an online form and 3 minute or less video in only the following forms: .mpg, .avi, or .wmv (Videos can NOT have any identifying information for the applicant or related business, including names, URLs or logos in view) or 200 word or less essay explaining why they need a link building campaign. Any videos exceeding 3 minutes in length or essays exceeding 200 words will be disqualified. Contest entries will be judged first by the Vertical Measures Team to choose the favorite 10 and then by a panel of independent judges (see Rule #4) to determine the Grand Prize winner. The top 10 chosen contest submissions will be posted on www.verticalmeasures.com/blog
and be commented on by visitors to the site. Comments do not determine the Contest winners, except in the event of a tie in the judge’s scores. (See Rule #4 for details.)
2. Eligibility: This promotion is open only to business owners with a currently functioning website, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Vertical Measures and their immediate family members are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
3. How To Enter The Essay/Video Contest: During the promotion period, visit www.verticalmeasures.com/boost-your-juice-contest and follow the instructions to enter your essay or video. Your submission should explain why you and your business need a free website link building campaign or be a representation of your need for these services. If Vertical Measures deems that the video submission does not comply with the Official Rules of the Video Contest, entrant’s video will not appear on www.verticalmeasures.com or be eligible to participate in the Video/Essay Contest. The video can be in color or black and white and must be entrant’s own original work including any statements, animations or background music, and cannot contain any copyrighted materials. The submission cannot display any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, slogans, political, personal and religious statements). Submissions must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in sole determination of judges and/or Vertical Measures. If the submission contains any person(s) other than the entrant, by entering this video contest, entrant agrees to receive permission from other person(s) featured in video (or from parent/legal guardian if other person(s) featured are considered minors in their state of residence) for Vertical Measures to use their likenesses for publicity including posting on website(s) and can make written copies of such permissions available to Vertical Measures upon request. Additionally, if entrant is considered a minor in his/her state of residence, entry will be disqualified. Videos must be in English, meet the technical specifications to be uploaded and received by 11:59pm ET on 6/15//09 to be eligible. Limit one video entry per email address throughout the duration of the Video/Essay Contest. If more than one video/essay entry is received per person, only the first such entry will be eligible for the Contest.
4. Video/Essay Contest Judging: All eligible entries will be judged first by Vertical Measures Team and then by a panel of judges whose decisions are final to determine the Grand Prize and 2nd Place winners. Top 10 entries will be posted on or before June 19, 2009. Grand Prize and 2nd Place will be announced on or before June 25, 2009.
5. Prize & Approximate Retail Value: (1) Grand Prize –Link Building Campaign- retail valued at $5,000.(2) 2nd Place Prize – Link Building Campaign-retail valued at $1,000. Prizes consist of only the items as described above.
6. General Rules: Potential Grand Prize winner may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility certifying that the entry submitted is winner’s own original work and he/she holds all rights to the entry, that the entry has not been previously published, has not won a previous prize or award and that winner followed the Official Rules of the Contest. Additionally, potential winner will be required to complete a Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release. All forms must be received within 10 days of attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner will be notified by email. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. Vertical Measures reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. By accepting prize, winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) agree to release and hold Vertical Measures, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Vertical Measures and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Vertical Measures, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all liability and damages. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Vertical Measures and will not be returned. Vertical Measures is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
Notice To Online Entrants: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Not responsible for faulty, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the promotion. Vertical Measures reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Vertical Measures/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and contest entries will be judged from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. Any damage made to the website will be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Vertical Measures. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. Vertical Measures reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.