Official Contest Rules & Terms
VERTICAL MEASURES “Boost Your Juice 2” HEALTH & WELLNESS EDITION
WIN 5K IN INTERNET MARKETING SERVICES VIDEO/ESSAY W/ PHOTO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. How It Works: Beginning 12:01am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 10/05/09, interested parties can submit an online form and 3 minute or less video in only the following forms: .mpg, .avi, or .wmv (Videos can not have any identifying information for the applicant or related business, including names or logos in view) or a 600 word or less essay including 1-5 photos explaining why they need an internet marketing campaign. (Any videos exceeding 3 minutes in length will be disqualified.) Contest submissions will be judged first by the Vertical Measures team to chose the favorite 5 and then be judged by participating site visitors between 11/06/09 to 11/12/09 to determine the Grand Prize winner.
2. Eligibility: This promotion is open only to business owners operating within the health and wellness industry, with a currently functioning website, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Vertical Measures, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and their immediate family members are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter the Essay/Video Contest: During the promotion period, visit www.verticalmeasures.com and follow the instructions to enter your essay or video. Your submission should explain why you and your business need a free website link building campaign or be a representation of your need for these services. If Vertical Measures deems that the video submission does not comply with the Official Rules of the Video Contest, entrant’s video will not appear on www.verticalmeasures.com or be eligible to participate in the Video/Essay Contest. The video and photos can be in color or black and white and must be entrant’s own original work.The submission cannot contain any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or display any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, slogans, political, personal and religious statements) and they must not contain defamatory statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group); they must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; they must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, entity, and they must not in any other way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Submissions may not contain indecent behavior, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity or pornography, and may not in any way disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor; sponsor/judges reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Contest or any other person or entity, or does not comply with these requirements or these Official Rules. Submissions must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in sole determination of judges and/or Sponsor. If the submission contains any person(s) other than the entrant, by entering this video/ essay w/ photo contest, entrant agrees to receive permission from other person(s) featured in video/ essay w/ photo (or from parent/legal guardian if other person(s) featured are considered minors in their state of residence) for Sponsor to use their likenesses for publicity including posting on website(s) and can make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request. Additionally, if entrant is considered a minor in his/her state of residence, entry will be disqualified. Videos must be in English, meet the technical specifications to be uploaded and received by 11:59pm ET on 11/03//09 to be eligible. Limit one entry per email address throughout the duration of the Video/Essay Contest. If more than one video/essay entry is received per person, only the first such entry will be eligible for the Video Contest.
4. Video/Essay Contest Judging: All eligible entries will be judged first by Vertical Measures Team and then by the site’s participating visitors, whose decisions are final to determine the Grand Prize winner.
5. Prize & Approximate Retail Value: (1) Grand Prize –Internet Marketing Campaign- retail valued at $5,000.(2) Runner-Up Prize –Internet Marketing Campaign-retail valued at $1,000. Prizes consists of only the items as described above.
6. General Rules: Potential Grand Prize winner may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility certifying that the entry submitted is winner’s own original work and he/she holds all rights to the entry, that the entry has not been previously published, has not won a previous prize or award and that winner followed the Official Rules of the Contest. Additionally, potential winner will be required to complete a Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release. All forms must be received within 10 days of attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner will be notified by email. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. By accepting prize, winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) agree to release and hold Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Winner assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all liability and damages. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions, which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
7. Winner: To see who the top 5 finalists are visit http://www.verticalmeasures.com/blog/ starting November 5th, 2009. For the name/business of the Video/Essay Contest Grand Prize winner, visit http://www.verticalmeasures.com/blog/ beginning November 13th, 2009.
Sponsor: Vertical Measures, LLC
Notice To Online Entrants: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Not responsible for faulty, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and contest entries will be judged from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. Any damage made to the Web Site will be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.