Content writing and web content creation is said to the lifeblood of today’s marketing, and we have to enthusiastically agree. There is such a vast amount of readily available content on the web as more and more people have flooded the internet searching for the answers to their questions. This puts marketers and their customer base in a unique and powerful relationship. Create the right kind of content people are searching for in a way that addresses their questions to create a relationship that can turn into revenue for your company.
Content creation for the web is relatively low cost and can be highly effective for a long time past your original publish date. Think of it like this: traditional advertising is like renting a house; you have a limited space, time and visibility for your message. Content created as part of a content marketing strategy is more like owning your own real estate. You own your content’s space online, with a certain address, a certain message, and a way to track and convert your visitors.
Many people have figured this fact out, so today’s marketers pump out content with fervor. What might not come as readily to many of those same marketers is how to create high quality content, however. So much of the content on the web is lackluster and easily forgettable. In a world of low quality content, useful content stands out, giving the content creator a greater chance of success as a result. So your job as a website manager or online marketer is to create useful content, on every single page of your site. If you do, your brand too will have the greatest chance of success. At the same time, we don’t recommend a perfectionist approach – oftentimes there isn’t a set rhyme or reason for what type of content is successful, so don’t get hung up one every little detail, word, and paragraph. Get your content out there for the world to decide at the highest quality you can, and you might be surprised at what converts.
Some of the content formats we find effective and are skilled at creating for our clients:
- Blog posts – Informational and educational articles are a great way to consistently stay in front of your audience, providing relevant and useful content that addresses all of their interests and questions.
- Product and services pages – Don’t know how to sell yourself effectively? We’ll craft words, images, and calls-to-actions that help you get the most out of your sales pages, all the while optimizing it to be found by search engines.
- Infographics, datagraphics, gifographics – Many people are visual learners and everyone loves a good image. Our talented designers have honed their research, planning, and design stages to create our industry renowned graphics.
- Video – From a simple talking head to imaginative motion graphics, videos are one of the most potent ways to reach people online.
- Free guides, case studies and white papers – One of our favorite pieces of content that can be a lead generating evergreen piece of content for your company, producing results for months, even years after publication.
Our content marketing specialists can guide you through this process and assist you in providing interesting and engaging content to your site visitors based on the Strategy and Ideation steps we’ve performed to this point. On an otherwise utilitarian page, you have a unique opportunity to turn each visitor into a lifelong customer and to become their trusted solution provider. This content creation endeavor and each piece of individual content that you produce — whether it is a page of search engine optimized page copy, blog post, product page, or link worthy content piece such as white paper, case study, free guide etc. — can work for you and your organization in multiple ways.
Content is not just there to showcase your product or to describe your service. Your content is there, published online, because it is relevant to your audience. Because it demonstrates that you are the expert in your market and therefore can be valued and trusted. Because it will engage, entertain, and inform the searchers that land on it.
Vertical Measures’ team of experienced online content creators is skilled in the nuances of web content. Our content marketing strategists can assist you in identifying what kinds of content would be best suited to your specific target audience and put a plan in place to begin. Let’s get started!